== Headline text ==
Research interests: volcanology in general, pyroclastic sedimentology, and the mass movement of debris across the Earth's surface following geo-catastrophes. Primarily use field studies of deposits to derive information about emplacement processes. Specifically interested in:
- the transport and deposition of tephra by pyroclastic density currents;
- basaltic volcanism, effusive and explosive;
- volcanic edifice growth and evolution, encompassing all scales from - monogenetic cones, to calderas, ocean island volcanoes and large igneous provinces;
- aggregation mechanisms in atmospheric dust clouds applied to volcanic eruptions and meteorite impacts;
- kimberlite volcanism and conduit processes;
- dispersal of ejecta following large meteorite impacts.